Wednesday, January 19, 2011

I'm addicted...



...to this song !!!  But mostly because of one part of the song. It's actually kind of a depressing sounding song. But I have had it on heavy rotation for the past few days. I like to feel what I'm feeling with all 5 senses.  Like back in the day, if a boy crushed my heart, I would listen to a song about a boy crushing someone's heart...probably Mariah Carey's "Breakdown". Or if my dog died, I'd probably watch Marley and Me. Or if I just feel blah, I watch P.S. I Love You so I can cry it all out with Holly Kennady (main girl in the movie). On a hot summer day, can't fail with Summertime by Will Smith...or Kenny Chesney.  I wanna hear and see someone else experiencing what I'm experiencing. It makes this world seem like a friendlier place. Like we're all in it together. Like someone's got my back.

So this song... I SO know what it feels like to feel like that? Does that make sense? Here. Read it yourself and don't tell me you don't ever feel like this. <Insert wherever you're from and maybe Paris or somewhere tropical instead of Boston...or Boston if you really wanna go there... and if you already have a 'lover' just take that person instead of 'getting' one> and no. I'm not depressed. I'm fine. Thanks for asking.

She said I think I'll go to Boston
I think I'll start a new life,
I think I'll start it over, where no one knows my name,
I'll get out of California, I'm tired of the weather,
I think I'll get a lover and fly him out to Spain...
I think I'll go to Boston,
I think that I'm just tired
I think I need a new town, to leave this all behind...
I think I need a sunrise, I'm tired of the sunset,
I hear it's nice in the Summer, some snow would be nice...

Boston...where no one knows my name

http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/augustana/boston.html


4 comments:

  1. lisa. you've been talking about this song all week, and it's one of my favorites. but it makes me want to get on a plane. i love it ... on my maternity playlist of all things ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. To top off the day of no one understanding each other, I thought you guys were thinking of this song and I didn't get it. hahahaha...

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UDRLZFgEoGw

    ReplyDelete
  3. Augustana is one of my faves. Good song pic. Wait...you're not leaving somewhere are you?

    ReplyDelete
  4. joe don't worry i inserted YOUR name + 2 baby boy names... and all the other cities were ITALY. :)

    ReplyDelete