Saturday, March 26, 2011

One day at a Time








I had a photograph inside my mind of all I'd do.
But then,  my point of view changed the day that I met you.
There are dreams that we will grow 
and there are dreams that we let go
the only dream that I can't lose is you.

I'll be the biggest fan of any plan you call your own.
I see a willow tree, a family, a happy home.
There are dreams that we will grow 
and there are dreams that we let go.
The only dream that I can't lose is you.

As the seasons change, 
I'll walk with you down every road.
And you can count on me, you know you'll never be alone.
There are dreams that we will grow
and there are dreams that we let go.
The only dream that I can't lose, the only dream I can't bear to lose, the only dream that I can't lose is you.

-Tyrone Wells and Elina

My cousin, Nisha, sent me this song, by Tyrone Wells and his wife Elina. I'm trying to learn what dreams God wants me to let go, and which ones He wants me to grow. It's a painful process, letting dreams die. Everything I've created in my mind for myself has to be torn down. Even the ones with good intentions and pure motives behind them. You watch them crumble to the ground and suddenly nothing makes much sense anymore. It's like that moment when you let go of a balloon, into open sky. You can still see it. But no matter how high you try to jump, you know it will soon be gone forever. I feel like that. Like I can still see some dreams, but they are no longer within reach.

But it's a beautiful process watching other dreams grow. The one's I know I can't lose. The dreams where God made the blueprints and is trusting me to build.

My dreams are in sure danger of collapsing if they aren't built on His.

So I'm choosing His.

One day at a time.

1 comment:

  1. Oh I love this...for you and for me! Good one, Nish.

    Love, love, love this: "But it's a beautiful process watching other dreams grow. The one's I know I can't lose. The dreams where God made the blueprints and is trusting me to build. My dreams are in sure danger of collapsing if they aren't built on His. So I'm choosing His. One day at a time."

    ReplyDelete