Monday, May 23, 2011

HANCHINAMUNCHKIN ARRIVAL!


The Hunchinamunchkins made their debut on May 11th, 2011! And boy, did they enter the world with a PARTAAAYY!! The Watkins'/Hanchinamani's know how to throw a celebration and these little boys were drenched in love the moment they entered the world...well, the moment we found out they existed!
Declan James came in at a whopping 6 lbs 2 oz at 9:41 am, followed a minute later by his equally adorable brother, Ethan Emery at 6 lbs. 4 oz. 









It is AMAZING. All of it. I have tears in my eyes as I write this. Thinking of the night before they were here, eating dinner with Joe and Katie, while those 2 boys sat snugly in Katie's tummy. And just a few short hours later, they were in our arms! 



It's such an amazing feeling when babies come into your life. They don't have to say anything. They don't have to do anything. Our natural reaction is to just love them with everything we have. To want to be better people for them. To want them to have better things than we had. To want them to know Jesus as early as they can comprehend Him. To want them to feel safe, and loved, and cherished. And to want them to grow up knowing they don't need to do anything to deserve it, because their aunty will love them no matter what. 

So happy for Joey and Katie. My brother has been my built- in best friend since I was born. And Katie has fit right in with that role since she became my sister. My heart is bursting for the 4 them and I can't wait for this new exciting journey the Lord has blessed us with.

For a better recap of the day from my brother's eyes, go here !

3 comments:

  1. munchkins. a baby changes everything ... two changes even more. they are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww. Thanks for the precious post, sis. And soon, just think, I will be posting about my nephew/niece. :) YAY!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ummm i JUST now saw this!!! :) so sweet lisa thank you!! and i need these pictures!!!!!!!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete