Monday, May 23, 2011

Mother's Day

I'm way behind here. I hardly remember Mother's Day this year, but it was my 'first'...technically, or untechnically? I did NOT stand up at church when they made mother's stand up, so maybe that's what will qualify me. I was however, showered by my wonderful husband on this day. A day where I was newly 11 weeks pregnant. A mother's day where I didn't know the gender of my baby. My baby's face, or smell were still only dreams to me. My baby's name has probably not even been thought up yet.  Next mother's day I will have a 5 or 6 month old bundle of joy in my arms and this life I live now will be nothing more than a distant memory. So here's what I woke up to on Mother's Day 2011:



Homemade YUMMY smoothie


Homemade Waffles


Flowers with the sweetest card



Now, just to brag a little, this is not only a mother's day occasion. This is a weekend event for me. Owen has shown me in the past 10 months of marriage that he is honestly, the kindest, most selfless, thoughtful human I have ever met in my whole life. And not just to me. I see how he is with his friends, with my friends, with my family. God could not have blessed me with a better man to be the father of my children. I am overwhelmed by him.

2 comments:

  1. very sweet, lisk. thank you, owen, for loving her (and tad) like this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sure know how to pick 'em, huh? :)

    But tell Owen he's making us all look bad, so he needs to slow down or give the rest of us tips. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete