Tuesday, July 5, 2011

???



 Tomorrow we find out!


No more referring to you as 'it' or 'the baby' or 'he or she'. We will be gender specific and we will love you!


We will buy you clothes and blankets and paint for your room in all the right colors!


We'll start thinking of names...for reals. We'll argue over those names. But we'll find one, perfect for little you.


We'll dream about what you'll be when you grow up. We'll start praying for that future spousey.


But, before we get there...a recap of my last week with you...


I feel your little movements now. I started feeling them last week at work. Without a doubt I knew it was you and not an upset stomach. And now I wait for it. All day. I wait to feel you. Sometimes I tap, and you tap back. We already have our own little game. But I wait in between wiggles for the next one. The whole world stops and 2 seconds feels like an eternity, just so I can feel you move again. And I'm the only one who can feel you. Marking it now. There was a point in your little existence where it was just me and you. Someday, when 'dada' is your first word, I want to remember that you tapped on me first. Our own little world of games and secrets and waiting. It feels like magic...you feel like magic.

1 comment:

  1. This is so very precious. It is so strange to think how close the two of you are. A closeness that no one can understand. Man, Owen is in for a big surprise when that reallity is in his arms for the first time! Cant wait Lisa!

    ReplyDelete