Sunday, September 25, 2011

New Things on the Block

We got our Costco Membership right when we got back from our honeymoon, last August. In a year, we had been there TWICE, and once was a quick stop to buy a camera for a Christmas present, so I hardly count that. But, ever since we moved into the Costco neighbor, we have been there twice in two weekends and it has changed our (Owen's) life. He lights up, like we've entered Disneyland. The possibilities are endless. From the electronics section, to the free samples, and cool ladders that we HAVE to have...I'm wondering how it took us so long to become Costco fanatics. O is also VERY impressed by Costco's business model:)




Our other new thing on the block is Friday Night Lights. No, not the movie with Tim McGraw, the TV series. I was hesitant at first, but a few friends and trusted blogs told us to give it a shot. And a shot we gave. We have now finished the first season and are fans. I don't know if I'm supposed to share this, so it can be our little secret. I love falling asleep to shows, so it's helped in that department, too!


So I'm pretty sure my mom had the whole family plan an intervention this week. Apparently, since meat is my nemesis, I need LOTS more protein than I've been getting, or more like, the baby does. Everyone and  my mom have been giving me all sorts of new ways to introduce more protein into my diet. So, at our friendly neighborhood Costco, we picked up some protein shakes packed with 30g of protein per bottle. Now you can all rest easy.


Prilosec. Back in my life. My best friend during the first trimester, who I was praying I would never have to meet again, is now back for my third and final phase. The heartburn has returned with a vengeance. Between the baby using my bladder as a trampoline and this crazy heartburn, my nights have turned sleepless. Apparently, it's supposed to get me ready to be up all night with the baby. I'd prefer my last few months of peaceful sleep, thankyouverymuch. 



Looks like the use of  "Y" in the name Jayce might be getting vetoed. Too much confusion with the name "Jaycee" and being mistaken for a girl. To be continued...but it looks like we might be going with Jace, which is fine by me...don't wanna traumatize the kid.




Last, but not least...I know these are HORRIBLE pictures, but I promise these boots are super cute in real life. AND, they were only $50 for BOTH pairs. At that price, I would advise that you RUN, don't walk! Ross...who knew?! Thanks to the hubby for letting me keep two pairs of brown boots. But, really, they are totally different looks. And the heels will have to be a post-baby treat. They won't support my current waddle. But, being the lover of boots that I am...I am a happy girl indeed!


**Thank you Google for all your images**

3 comments:

  1. Not sure why I like this entry so much but I really do. Probably because I get a glimps into the "fun" details of your pre-baby life. And when I read it I can just picture everything :) I especially like how much fun J is having ;)
    Ps... We should never take Tyler and Owen to Costco together!
    Love you

    ReplyDelete
  2. i like how you always thank google for their images :) hehehe...

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahaha..... wow, I do the SAME thing as Owen when I enter Costco. AND, every time Jasmine and I go to Costco, I ALWAYS make some reference to their business model! hahahaha!! Good stuff. Glad you have become a fellow Costcolite. (?)

    ReplyDelete