Saturday, January 21, 2012

Turn of Events


While the rest of Washington has been trapped at home due to Snowmaggedon, I have been held hostage due to a nasty sore throat and a fever that got up to 104. There has been no sledding, snowman building, or anything fun for me. Just. pain.

I'm a baby when I'm sick. I want to watch movies whenever I want. Sleep whenever I want. Have my mom cook me whatever I want. Take a hot shower for however long I want.

However, there has been an interesting turn of events. Jace. He is in fierce competition with me in terms of wanting whatever HE wants. He doesn't seem to care that I need a nap. Or I haven't eaten in almost 24 hours. Or that I desperately need a long, hot shower. Or that I'm just a couple degrees away from death. Or that his nonstop screaming for no apparent reason isn't helping the throbbing pulse in my brain. And of course last week he took naps like it was his job, but this week naps are so last week.

Jace. Ol' buddy ol' pal. I'm glad you're cute. Or else I would've put you in the garage this week.

Remember my sacrifices when someday, your wife wants to put me in a nursing home.

Thanks.




1 comment: