Sunday, February 26, 2012

3 Months

                                                                              

My boy. You are 3 months and 2 days old right now. 3 whole months! I can  hardly believe it. I feel like you were born just yesterday, and yet I feel like I've known you my whole life.

You are one amazing kid. After your morning nap today, I went in to get you and you squealed with delight and threw your hands in the air and kicked your legs up and down, like I was the best thing you'd seen all your life. You do this often, but for some reason today, it took the breath from my lungs and I wondered how I ever went through life without you. How I lived 25 years not knowing what I was missing.

You laugh now. From your belly. Those gut laughs. You think I'm the funniest person in the world, and I totally agree with you. I think you're pretty funny, too. And I think we're going to have a lifetime of gut wrenching, tears flowing, laughs, you and me.

You love your hands. You shove them as far back into your mouth as you possibly can without making yourself puke. But you also hate your hands. Because you have very little control over them, so they seldom do what you want them to.

You are a morning person. You didn't get that from me. Every morning you wake up and hang out in your crib and talk to your owl friend at that top of your lungs (we're working on inside voices, but you don't seem to get that part). You jibber jabber for a good half hour before I finally go in there to get you. And you are ALL smiles when I do.

You like to be fussy when we're around people. I frantically have to try to figure out how to calm you down. I think you just like to see me flustered. Thanks, buddy.

You like you're dad. A lot. You guys are pretty much best buds. He is already trying to teach you how to walk and you happily move your feet as if you're really trying. We're grooming you to be an overachiever. Just trying to prepare you for Harvard. Can never start too early.

Speaking of Harvard, you love books. I read to you everyday and you laugh at the pictures as if you know what's going on. But, you don't. So, what are you laughing at?

Helping Daddy install a light
                                                                     

You're favorite song to dance to is "I Wanna Dance with Somebody" by Whitney Houston. You know how to move and you got that from me. You'll thank me later.

I started back at work last week and it makes me so sad everytime I have to leave you. Those 5 hours tick by painfully slow as I sit there and think about you every single second. We belong together and nothing else makes sense. You might have to fit me into your college dorm room someday.

But, really my Jacey pants. Everything in life has become more colorful since you arrived. I dreamed of you all my life and none of those dreams came close to how amazing the real you is. My whole heart is occupied with love for you and I will try my dardnest for the rest of my life to make you feel every ounce of it.

3 months down and a lifetime to go! It just keeps getting better and better.

                                                               

1 comment:

  1. This is so sweet--it warms my heart. This is what all those aches and pains and inconveniences and uncertainty as pregnant lady were all about! This was the prize! It's such a reminder that we are in the midst of aches, pains, inconveniences, and uncertainty in life...but there is a prize that will make all of it pale by comparison!!! God give us grace and strength to run towards that prize (a free and joyful abundant life with Him!). Thanks for preaching the gospel to me Lisy!

    ReplyDelete