Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Zzzz...



I might fall asleep while writing this. And if I do. Well, I'll be super happy about it.

Sleep. My old best friend. How I love thee and miss thee.

I know everyone says that one of the hardest things about having a baby is sleep deprivation. I was doing pretty well at first. Really. I mean the every 3 hour schedule was not my fave, but it wasn't as horrid as everyone made it sound.

But, here I am, 2 months and some change without one night. Not one night of a full 8 hour, uninterrupted, where it's long enough to finish my dream, sleep.

2 nights ago he gave us his longest stretch...7 WHOLE HOURS. It was amazing. So of course, last night I went into it thinking I'd get the same treatment. NOPE! He was up. Every. Hour. It's almost worse that he slept 7 hours the night before because I was expecting it. The letdown was crushing.

I'm. Tired. And that stuff about sleeping when the baby sleeps is impossible. And not only do I get up every 3 hours, but it takes me about a half hour to feed him and another hour for me to get myself back to sleep. It's the opposite of fun. And I'm the opposite of sane, showered, put together.

I dream of the days when he's 16 years old and wants to sleep in until noon.

Til then, my dear old friend, sleep, I'll dream of you fondly. While I'm wide awake. With bags under my eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment