Wednesday, December 1, 2010

A Long and Happy weekend

...and oh what a weekend it was! Holidays have somehow turned from attention on me to attention on all the new little critters in the family. Whether they talk, chew, try to crawl, or are still in their mom's stomach, they are the talk of the town! Can't say I can complain. Hard to believe there was a time before them all! Were we bored pre-kids?? No wait, we were too busy making fun of each other, yelling over each other, playing games, arguing over who won those games...maybe the children have made us more civilized?



Calebe trying his darndest to crawl. Foiled again.
My kiddos


YAY! Uncle Ben found a buddy!

Some of the ladies..doin what we do

Shifa's new favorite activity---hanging upside 
Enosh's new favorite activity--eating Caleb

Daddy in training



Another daddy in training--just might take a while longer

And every holiday, as if our family isn't big enough, we invite people over who are not part of the Hanchinamani clan. From out of town friends, people without family nearby, church family, we always seem to open our doors to some newcomer to join in on the festivities. Sometimes I feel bad for them... that they had to get thrown into the psychoticness of this family. Other times, I wonder if they get it. If they get how truly amazing this family is and if they are thankful to be a part of it all...even if just for a day.

I am so thankful for us. Sometimes I get really sad thinking not everyone in the world gets to have what I have. I am a huge fan of big families. Big families= forever bff's. Never a dull moment. Always warm, always love, always food, always laughs, sometimes cries, but always worth it.

The end of the day is always sad, because there is so much build up, only for it to all be over.

But the next day was equally fun! My sister in law, brother, husband and a couple friends went down to the madness that is Seattle and saw Westlake light up its Christmas tree!

Yes, not the greatest picture, but imagine with me


We then ate Jimmy John's...the best sandwiches EVER...b/c every sit down restaurant was at least an hour and half wait.

We took pictures by this tree, because Katie insisted...and she's preggo so whatever she says kinda goes. Wait, I look like the preggo one! It was cold. So I layered. And it was the day after Thanksgiving so I might have still been full :)

Some of my favorite ladies!


And our last stop for the day was an improv of the play "A Christmas Carol" at a theater by the gum wall in Pike Place. It was so fun! Owen and I went with our good friends last year, and I loved it both times!

Finally, our last day of this wonderful weekend was the Seattle half marathon run by my hubby and one of my besties! So proud of them!! I, of course, stayed warm at a coffee shop with Heather until we watched them cross the finish line:)

Pre-race jitters

Team champions unite!

Victory!

Proud wife



Toughest lady I ever met

The best of family. The best of friends. The best of times. A long and happy weekend it was!



1 comment:

  1. What? No mention of the amazing Bacon Sundae at Hard Rock Cafe?

    ReplyDelete